Theme: “Global Dimensions, New Strategies and Visions”
You are invited to submit your abstract to the 4th International Conference on The Future of Women ’21 which is scheduled to be held from 25th – 26th February 2021 in Colombo, Sri Lanka under the theme “Global Dimensions, New Strategies and Visions”.
What strategies and issues do we identify for the Future of Women in the current climate of a global pandemic? It is particularly worrying how the new epidemic magnifies all existing inequalities, the routine welfare services pressures, sexual and reproductive health risks, amplified perils of domestic abuse and other forms of gender-based violence.
Other equally unsettling phenomena which compel us to radically rethink our strategies include the effects of globalization and neoliberal economics, advances in biotechnology, the neo-conservative counterattack to women’s rights, media monopolies and developing information technologies, the surge of identity politics undermining social movements and sidelining women’s issues, and the increase in disease outbreaks, violent conflict and war.
Thinking through how these may impact the progress of gender equality, women’s human rights and sustainable human development, we hope to identify and engage an urgent need for women’s movements to evaluate its methods, transform societal patterns, uphold Women’s rights, Social inclusion and Legal remedies to make women’s futures more effective in ways that would transform everyone’s sense of identity, safety and wellbeing.
About the conference
Future of Women 2021 aims to bring together current research on women, inequality and social exclusion and to discuss policies and other measures of women empowerment with an international perspective and provides you the opportunity to share your thoughts, exchange ideas, listen to renowned keynote speakers, extend your network and jointly explore current and future research directions.
The conference is specially designed by the TIIKM Research and Development team together with a committee of experts from international universities with the guidance of the Academic Governing Body of TIIKM conferences. Future of Women 2021 is under the guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
The conference provides you with different Registration Benefits with many benefits specific to your presentation category (Presenter/Attendee/Virtual) for the conference. Please refer to the important dates to have insight into the registration and payment deadlines
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to,
- Women and health, Maternity and Paternity leave, Constraints for lone mothers
- Diversity in political representation, Women in power, politics, and decision-making
- Under-representation/misrepresentation of women in the media, movies, and literature
- Child Marriage and the discrimination of the girl child
- Women and workplace:The Gender Pay Gap, Glass ceiling and sticky floors
- Gender-based Violence, Women in armed conflict and crisis.
- Human rights of women, Gender Equality and empowerment, Engaging menand boys in changing gender-based inequity.
- Institutional mechanism for the advancement of women, Education and training of women, Closing the Technology Gender Gap
- Sustainable development, natural resource management and the conservation of the environment.
- Combatting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and Human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people (LGBTI)